Monday, July 16, 2012

Arathi Basin PvP

I got excited when the battle for Arathi Basin battleground weekend started again. It's been a while since I returned there. I got the quests completed. Now, I just have to get the exalted reputation to get the tabard. The gamers at WoWhead informed that it was going to be a long grind. Especially for me, since the last PvP set I had was Season 1. I finally got enough points to get myself a Season 11 chest armor.

The players have been vicious since the last time I played in the battlegrounds. One player announced that my gear sucked so bad I was wasting everybody's time coming to Arathi Basin and make the Alliance lose the battle. Another one said that everyone with shitty gear should not even queue for battle. Well, guess what? For someone like me to have shitty gear, I was able to assault bases and defend a couple resources with the team I was with.

No, I did not argue with any of these people. I just follow the tank - it's just the thing I do; always and must without a doubt. I don't remember so much of being barraged about my gear on PvP aside from the previous guilds I had been in. I have come across a number of players, who just play for the hell of it and rank up Honor Kills on the score board. 9 times out of 10, the ones whom you see chatting away with how much we all suck are the ones who don't even rank #1 on the scoreboard. I just thought I'd point that out and laugh with amusement. I don't intend to be crude, but it's something to remind myself - I'm doing a good job by just being there in the battlefield to have fun. I had a number of good battleground runs myself.


It was a very good battle. This was a good team.

 

Even then, I know there are better rogues who do better damage than I do. One in particular, the Undead rogue of Silverhand (not sure if the character is still there). He really did a number on me. No matter where I would hide, he'd find me, ambush me, stun me, bleed me, stun me again and disappear and cheap shot me until I'm dead. I was pretty impressed. Obviously, I can't play like he does. I just don't have the stamina to move around in circles. My motion sickness will overcome me. I would have to hold up a while to finish the game and later on give play time a rest until the next day.

I'm sure there are many players by now who have come across the name Zereuwk. When I show up in PvP, they know who to target. That's okay. I enjoy seeing the challenge I face in battlegrounds. As long as the rest of the team play fair without prejudice and defamation.

No comments:

Post a Comment